It’s unlikely you’ll discover a more persuasive speaker than the PL100 IIin its price class, but compare the floor-standing PL200 II with its smaller sibling and immediately you’ll notice the effect of four drivers in a larger cabinet.
Such is the quality of Platinum II’s engineering that the character of the sound remains powerfully consistent and expressive, but with the addition of a second 6.5” RDT IIdriver, the PL200 II’s bass has more weight, while its dedicated 4″ RDT II midrange driver brings further definition to vocals and strings.
Through the PL200 II, subtle textures are more vividly described and every note rendered with greater authority. It’s a factor of scale. Platinum II’s class-leading accuracy is a given, you simply need to match it with the size of your room.
- 2 x 6 1/2″ RDT II long throw bass drivers
- 4″ RDT II mid-range driver
- MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- 2 x HiVe II ports
- Patented ‘DCF‘ (Dynamic Coupling Filter) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite (ARC) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- TLE (Tapered Line Enclosure) sealed internal enclosure for mid-range drivers: greater sound accuracy and reduced cabinet vibration
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood or Ebony natural wood veneers with clear gloss piano lacquer, or Piano black gloss lacquer